2019 Taiwan International Queer Film Festival Call for Entry
1. The Taiwan International Queer Film Festival (TIQFF), established in 2014, is organized by Taiwan International Media and Education Association (TIMEA).
2. The 2019 Taiwan International Queer Film Festival is scheduled from the end of August to mid-September. Post-festival, we will also host single screenings on nationwide tours.
3. TIQFF is now open for submissions. We welcome Asian short films and feature-length films including documentaries, experimental films and animations. The films must have been completed after Jan. 1st, 2017.
4. The main message of the film has to be LGBTQI-related. Work-in-progress films will not be accepted. This year's theme is “TOGETHER!”.
5. All selected films can only be screened in DCP or Blu-ray formats.
6. Selected films will be screened in their original version. English subtitles must be provided for any non-English film.
7. Chinese language films should have both traditional Chinese characters and English subtitles.
Deadline of Submissions and Materials
1. Deadline for submissions: April 30, 2019. The Festival is not obliged to view any late entries.
2. Materials needed for a complete submission:
- A completed and signed entry form. To submit, please fill in our entry form here.
- A DVD or a link to the screener (full version). Online Screener with secured password or
high-resolution file is highly preferred.
3. If your submission is successful, you will receive a confirmation e-mail which you can download, keep or print for your records. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
1. After selected by TIQFF, participants must send the following materials:
- Press Kit / Film stills (300 dpi & 3-5 photos)
- A photo, biography & filmography of the director
- Dialogue lists (in both English & original language)
- Trailer / Poster / Original sound track if available
2. TIQFF has the right to use the film stills/text/extracts (limited to 10% of the total length and not exceeding 3 mins) for promotional activities in, but not limited to, Internet, print media, TV spots, etc.
3. TIMEA undertakes to use these films exclusively for its own strictly cultural, non-commercial purposes. Prior and during the festival, films will be shown to professionals for the purpose of promotion, translation, news broadcasts, etc. The screener of selected film will also be stored in the TIMEA’s archive and viewed by only the film industry professionals during the festival.
Dispatch of The Prints of Selected Films
1. Detailed print/video shipment information will follow upon acceptance of the film.
2. The Festival will pay for round trip transportation of the print. However, if the print is to be sent to another festival, the charges should be covered by the receiver.
3. All prints will be returned within four weeks after the festival. If the film has to be returned to another address, this has to be marked on the application form as well as the desired date of arrival at the return address.
4. Damage to the film print must be reported to the Festival in writing within four weeks after return and prior to any following screening. In case of damage or loss of a film during the festival, the Festival is only responsible for the costs involved in making a new print.
Kuo-Wei Lan 籃國維
International Liaison 國際聯絡
Taiwan International Queer Film Festival (TIQFF)
(T) +886 7 3105953
(M) +886 958 110 773